Every French footballer will tell you just how incredible Ligue 1 matches tend to be.
Ligue 1, often referred to as French Division 1 in English, is the most popular professional football league in the country. In every tournament, the league brings in millions of views and revenues in gambling investments. Especially since Lionel Messi joined PSG, the league has been a hotspot for online sports bettors.
The Ligue 1 2021-22 Season is currently ongoing, with some matches already subverting expectations. Let’s see what the latest results could mean for sports bettors.
The Latest Results
The 18thMatchday of the league has just wrapped up. As expected, the leading teams came out on top while the weakest ones failed to redeem themselves. A closer look at the results of the last two matchdays can help determine what the rest of the league has in store for sports bettors.
- PSG remains on top of the standings at the end of Matchday 18 after defeating Monaco 2-0.
- Rennes shockingly lost against Nice by 1-2 but remained in the top three standings.
- Marseille’s 2-0 win against Strasbourg cemented its place at second position in the standings.
- Even though LOSC tied with Lyon on Matchday 18, Jonathan David still remains the player who has scored the most goals in the Ligue 1 so far.
- GaëtanLaborde is following closely in second place with 9 overall Ligue 1 goals under his belt. He has failed to score any goals this season.
- Leading the charge in PSG is KylianMbappé with two goals in the season so far but 9 overall goals in Ligue 1.
Opportunities for Sports Bettors
The latest Ligue 1 results at the end of Matchday 18 show sports bettors that apart from the most obvious ones, their performance expectations can easily get subverted. Right now, here are the best opportunities for sports gamblers in Ligue 1.
The teams that most sports betting experts are choosing as their favorites are to no one’s surprise. If you’ve been following Ligue 1 for a while, you’ll probably be expecting the following list. Here are the top Ligue 1 betting favorites and their latest football odds (as per DraftKings).
- Paris Saint-Germain (-3500)– They have the best roster full of the best-performing players in the league.
- Lille (+1400)– They are defending champions who are in a relatively mild position in this season.
- Monaco (+1400)– They are the only club to win a Ligue 1 title in the past apart from Lille and PSG.
If you’d like to stay on top of all the ongoing sports events odds right now, visit Betting Sites Ranking!
Our online gambling portal gets updated daily to display the latest sports betting odds. Be it football, cricket, tennis, or any other popular sport, we’ve got you covered. You can even find the best sports betting sites, best casino websites, best crypto betting sites, and much more through our portal.
Check out the top daily bets on our site for free!