Now that NFL has been done and dusted (and what a memorable season, right?!), it’s time to get into the Super Bowl LVI. It’s finally here, and soon the real action will be taking place in the US. Not just on the field, but also on all betting sites. The Super Bowl is the event that is most wagered on by all sports betters in the US.
People across the US and around the globe flock to watch this sporting event and get their bets ready. An estimate of $500m was spent on Super Bowl betting last year in the US. Along with being the most viewed sporting event in the US, it’s also an event that is broadcasted in more than 170 countries across the globe.
With this guide, you’ll learn about the biggest sporting event in America, the history of the Super Bowl, how you can place your bets, different types of bets you can place, betting strategies, tips, and rules for betting on the Super Bowl. The only thing we can’t help you with is the friends and food you choose while betting on or watching the Super Bowl!
What is the Super Bowl?
The Super Bowl is the biggest sporting event that is held in the US annually. It is an American football competition where it is decided who will be the winner of the National Football League. There are two conferences in the NFL where half of the teams participate in one conference, and the rest of the teams are in the second conference.
A regular season is held along with a playoff, and throughout a series of fixtures, two best teams are identified. Each team belongs to the two conferences. Then these two teams battle for the NFL Championship and Lombardi Trophy and make history during the Super Bowl game, and the winner is crowned the Champion.
The first Super Bowl ever took place in Los Angeles, California, in 1967. It was originally known as the AFL-NFL World Championship Game. This year, the 56th edition of the Super Bowl will be held, and it will take place on 14th Feb between Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals. Both the teams will face each other in this clash at the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
Types of Super Bowl Bets Available
When it comes to the bets available during the Super Bowl, there is a variety, and the options can become overwhelming, especially if you are new to the whole Super Bowl experience. There are the regular bets that you would find in any NFL game, plus a whole new range of prop bets. These bets are exciting and definitely something you should take advantage of. Here is a quick rundown of the various bets you can expect for the Super Bowl this year.
A Moneyline bet is a simple bet where you predict which team would win the game and bet on it. This is the most basic bet available during the NFL games as well as the Super Bowl. This bet usually has the greatest odds and payout for the underdogs, so more and more people would choose the team that is expected to lose the game.
Bettors shop around for the best odds they can find for the Moneyline bet, and these odds not only depend on the online betting sites but people all around the world betting on the game. The payout will be whatever was decided when you placed your bet.
A spread bet is also a pretty straightforward bet. The spread bet involves choosing to bet on the margin you think a team would win by. A team that has the minus sign next to it is the favorite. The team expected to lose, or the underdog has the positive sign next to it.
The online betting sites will set the margin and decide the points by which the favorite will win. If you bet on the favorite team and they win by more than the margin set, you win the bet. If you bet on the team expected to lose and they lose or win by points less than the margin set, you win the bet.
This is a bet where you are wagering on the total number of points that will be scored during the Super Bowl. The online betting site will be deciding the number of points that the oddsmakers think will be scored. The bettors will be choosing to bet on whether the total points will be more or less.
If you bet the over, you’re choosing to bet that more points than the set number of total will be scored. If you are betting the under, you’re betting on fewer points being scored. The best part about this bet is it doesn’t matter who the winner of the game is. It’s all about the game flow and how bettors find it exciting to cheer for the game while also earning some bucks!
In-game bets are the best kind of bets for those who love the rush betting gives. It’s also for those who prefer wagering bets once the game has started. Super Bowl gives all football fans the adrenaline rush, and in-game Super Bowl betting only adds to that.
If you want to place any real-time bets, be it Moneyline, points total, or spread bets, you can place these bets after carefully going through the betting sites you trust. You can analyze how the game is going and place your bets to maximize your winning chances.
Futures bets is a bet you make when the game hasn’t started yet. You can’t make a futures bet if Super Bowl is almost here. But futures bets are still exciting for those who want to predict and bet on who you think would win the championship. This bet is made when there are more than two teams in the competition.
A futures bet can be made during the preseason, before the current season ends, end of the previous season, or when the playoffs are being held. The odds for all futures bets keep changing throughout the season. This change depends on the performance of the teams and the players.
Super Bowl Proposition Bets
Super Bowl Prop Bets are the bets on another level. A proposition bet is all about predicting a certain outcome during the Super Bowl game. The outcomes can be anything relating to the match or the surrounding celebrations or festivities. You have to predict a certain event and whether or not it will happen.
This bet allows sports bettors to choose from hundreds of prop bets that are available on online betting sites. Many sports bettors have winning strategies ready for prop bets, while some bettors use prop bets for their entertainment. Plus, who doesn’t love betting for some fun? Sports bettors love the ultimate rush they get from betting on various sports, and Super Bowl is always a fun event.
Some of the popular prop bets are team props and player props. You can bet on how an individual team will perform or how much total they can score. You can also bet on a player and their performance. The bet can include the player’s rushing yards, passing yards, or receiving yards. Some fun prop bets can be who would win the coin toss, how long the National Anthem will be, and what color would the halftime performer be wearing.
Tips for Betting on the Super Bowl
- If you’re new to Super Bowl betting, keep your bets simple. Don’t overcomplicate anything, and stick to what you know. Simple bets can win you a lot of money as well, and most NFL bettors win big through the simple bets they wager.
- Start small. This means if you want to make money, but this is your first time betting, place smaller bets. Don’t worry; the NFL takes place every year, and the next Super Bowl is always there.
- Don’t forget why you’re placing the bet. If you’re only doing it for fun, don’t think too much and get caught up in the tricks or strategies. If you want to make money, focus on profitable bets and strategies. You can easily win big by betting a lot on the coin toss or the color of the halftime act’s outfit/shirt.
- Whether you’re betting online or in person, check your bets. You can make a mistake, and it’s good to correct those mistakes immediately as it can save you money.
Super Bowl Betting Strategies
These strategies can help you win big and make profitable decisions.
- Always review the data from past matchups, especially when the teams have met before. This can help you gain valuable insight, and you use the clues to predict the outcome for the Super Bowl 2022.
- As we mentioned, prop bets are the key! Use prop bets to gain more opportunities to cash in on the Super Bowl bets.
- It’s really important to track and monitor the recent performances of individual players that are key to the whole team. If you can predict how these players will perform—whether they’ll struggle or easily find their groove during the game—you can take a chance and place a bet.
- Keep track of player injuries as well. Football is a sport that involves any injuries, and the betting odds can easily fluctuate if a significant player is injured.
- Referee stats are also something you can monitor to gain a great advantage over other bettors who might miss out on researching about the refs.
Common Super Bowl Betting Mistakes
- If you make multiple bets, always make sure they work together and in unison. This means any bets that might go against the first bet should not be made together.
- Check the bets you have made and correct your mistakes immediately.
- Don’t place bets you don’t understand. Whether you’re a new or experienced bettor, if you are running the risk of lowering your winning chances because of a complicated bet, avoid that bet completely. Only make wagers you understand.
- Learn from the past Super Bowls and the mistakes people might have made during those games.
- Don’t bet too much. It’s good to go big or go home, but if you’re not a professional bettor, don’t bet too much. Stick to 1–3% of your current deposit account. If you bet too much, you might not get the most rewarding payouts.
- Betting too late or too early is also a common betting mistake during the Super Bowl season. Betting lines are always fluctuating, and you can get caught up in a bet that you didn’t pay full attention to.
As we get closer to the Super Bowl, we are making it easy for you to access a variety of online Super Bowl bets. People from countries with legal sports betting can find access to the best legal sports betting sites online and start betting instantly.
If you’re looking for an excellent online betting platform for not just Super Bowl betting websites but also the world’s top betting sites for all the sports betting legal countries, check out Betting Sites Ranking. At Betting Sites Ranking, you will have easy access to the top 10 betting sites in the world, along with picks and parlays for college football, football match predictions, and much more. We have professionals and experts on our team who have reviewed, compared, and ranked different online betting sites from 100 countries across the globe.